Sunday, September 6, 2015

A regular 'ol Battle Spot Battle

Here's a battle from today that I'm a little proud of. The other Pokemon my opponent had were Politoed and Thundurus.

A few notes:

  • First, I won the battle. I was starting to timerstall the 12 minutes that we had remaining away, and my opponent recognized this and forfeited. He might've still been able to win if I ran out of Wide Guard PP (I didn't max it out) before the last turn, which was entirely possible. Earthquake would've knocked me below his HP if not straight out KO'd.
  • Second, the turn where I revealed Wide Guard was super nerve racking. Amoonguss has little to no SpD investment, so that Psychic probably had a 60% chance to KO or something. 
  • I think I screwed up a little by not focusing on Bisharp a little more. The guy didn't have anything that could straight up OHKO it, so targeting down Bisharp would've been the better play, even if he had brought Politoed.
  • My other two Pokemon are Politoed and Landorus-T. Super standard I know, but I've decided I'm going to just deal with being super standard in the interest of not having to worry with teambuilding and blaming the team for my losses. I'll save complicated teams for tournaments.
I got a little notepad to write down teams and turn counts recently. Haven't been using it, but it's something I need to get in the habit of. Maybe I'll stream sometime this labor day weekend, too.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment